Saturday, February 03, 2007

Independence

I want to be independent”.

This is something most of us have said to our parents.
So what does it mean to be independent?

“I want to make my own choices”.
“I want to live MY life”.

Does living with your parents mean you are not independent?

“I want to have my own place”.

So you want to be independent?
Living on your own, does that mean you are not dependent on your parents anymore?

Being independent is not always about living on your own or being able to go wherever you want whenever you want.

Being independent is so much more.

Fact is we will always be dependent on people around us whether it’s our parents, friends or teachers.

You can live on your own, go to bed whatever time you like and you are still dependent on your parents.
We depend on our parents to feel loved and secure when times are rough, we depend on our teacher teaching us the right things.

Being independent doesn’t always mean you have to get a place of your own, it might just mean that you have to take responsibility for your actions.
If you feel loved and feel that you are comfortable the way you are and can take responsibility for you actions you can say: “I AM independent”.

There’s a difference between “I want to be independent” and “I am independent”.


Sometimes we have to rethink some things we say and how we live our life.

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.