Monday, March 19, 2007

Knowing your limits

I have a backache that comes and goes. Thankfully it only comes about once a year. Having this backache means that I am immovable. I cannot rise, get out of bed, get dressed or get on with daily activities.
It's in my lower back and it is so painful that I do not wish for anyone else to have it.
I discussed this with a friend once and she had the same problem and apparently there is a term for this which I don't remember.

When I have these backaches I need to take strong tablets to make the pain go away. Or to ease it should I say.
The only thing is that I don't like to take tablets.
I only take medicine if I really have to. I should know by now that when I have this backache I need to take some tablets.

My husband on the other hand, he is more keen on taking medicine and when he gets a backache, which he also has although not the same as mine, he takes Fioricet.
This because he has upper back and shoulder pain whereas I have a lower backache.

I think you should not use medicine unless you really need to but sometimes my stubbornness is in the way and causes me pain instead. I should just listen to my husband and take the tablets I guess. :)

Especially now when I have to sit infront of the computer all day.
It's all about knowing your limits. Just like anything else in life.

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Susanne said...

Hello Linda. Nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my site today and leaving such a nice comment.

I, too, right now am going through horrible lower back pain. And I have been taking tylenol 3. I really helps and I have to because I too have to keep working. HOpe yours is better soon.

You asked about my design. It was done by Susie at Bluebird Blogs. Here is the link:

http://bluebirdblogs.com/

I cannot recommend her enough. She is so talented and a joy to work with. And her prices are very affordable!

Linda said...

Well thank you for stopping by :)Hope you are feeling better too soon. I'll have a look over at Susie's. Thanks!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.