Thursday, April 26, 2007

The puppies are here!

Jade and puppies
Yes finally the puppies have arrived!
I saw yesterday that my dog was very quiet and that she was almost trembling the whole day so I knew something was going on.

Last night around 9pm the first puppy was born. Unfortunately he didn't make it alive.
An hour later another one was born a black and white little puppy, shortly after a white one. She didn't have the strength or didn't care much for the white one first so I had to help her so that she would lick him/her clean.

Half an hour later a black/white one was born and right after another white one.
My husband said that he didn't think she would have another one so we made sure that they were all nursing and went to bed.

I had a feeling though that she would have another one and when we woke up this morning another two had been born! A brown/grey one and another white one.

I am so happy! I feel so grateful for their lives.
The only problem I will have now is to separate the white ones. Well one was born without a tail so that one's easy, but the other two? I'm going to have to take a closer look at them and see.

**Updated: There are 2 without tail! I can tell that one will have blackspots when he gets older so I can separete them becasue of that. :)
How usual is it that a dog is born without tail?

My dog seems to be in good condition, a bit tired but a calm and relaxed mother. She seems to have lost all the weight she put on just by giving birth. That's good being an animal, you don't have to worry about loosing the excess weight after or taking Diet Supplements or something likte that. Being a dog might not be so bad after all? :)

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

Revka said...

Hurray, and congrats! How much fun these puppies are going to be! I'm glad she and her puppies are fine, though I'm sorry the first one didn't make it.

allhisblessings said...

They are so cute! I think even in dogs, motherhood is such a wonderful thing! :)

Suzel O'Donnell said...

Congrats! Lovely puppies....
Take care!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.