Tuesday, May 15, 2007

At the Dr's

Let me briefly tell you about Brazilian medical treatment.
It's terrible.
OK; maybe I am over reacting. But it's far from good. At least where I live. At my "posto de saude" ; medical center they don't know what organizing is. it is incredibly unorganized and I wouldn't be able to work there I think.

It's not the staff themselves, it's the whole system that they are using.
One example:
If you need to book an ultra sound, not for pregnancy, you can only do so once a month. On that particular day people start cuing at 5 o'clock in the morning to bake sure that they can get an appointment. That is because there are only 20 available slots.

Can you believe that? 5o'clock in the morning! Outrageous if you ask me! It's bad enough that you have to be in a long line and wait for ages at 7 to be seen but at 5?!?

I went to the Doctor today, I came there at 7, I had already made my appointment so I didn't need to stand in the 4 meter long line that was outside. I waited and waited. 1½ hour later I was seen. Meanwhile you could see nurses running around or should I say walking around, they weren't exactly stressed, with their stethoscopes and papers. And it's always like that, they seem to be busy but nothing is moving.

That is Brazilian medical treatment in a nutshell.

Ok, it's not like that everywhere, but where I live. Sadly.

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Revka said...

That's horrible! i'm sorry you've been having such a hard time of it, and I hope you get well soon.

Linda said...

Thanks you Revka, it wasn't nice and I hope I won't have to experience it in the near future.

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.