Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Broaden your horizons

I always say that you should not settle for what you got but at the same time you should not get greedy.

There is a difference between being fine and being OK and being good.
I want to be good, fine and OK. In that order I think.

Linda, what are you talking about?

Life and happiness.
How we see things, our perspectives.
For me it´s not important to be rich and famous. Yes I want a comfortable life, most people do. I don´t want to be just OK or fine I want to feel great.
I´d rather be poor and happy than rich and unhappy. Yes it´s easy to say so but I do believe that if you are truly happy you don´t need money as long as you can feed your family.

Of course I am always looking out for opportunities and how to get a better life.
I repeat: you should be happy with what you got but don´t stop improving your life. because of that.

So during these past fw days I have been trying to improve my life and broaden my horizons.
If everything goes as planned I shall be telling you about it soon.

What do you think? Should we settle for what we got?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

2 comments:

Suzel O'Donnell said...

I think there was a post you were wondering about happiness...and now and again, you mention the same topic...

I have read a lot about it and of course I have my own opinion about happiness.

Many single and simple moments bring us happiness, and as a human being our mood changes very often...

When we talk about money, and it is a matter of concerning for all of us, of course it brings happiness, but with a health life with us and with the ones we love.

The "Daily Mail", a Scottish newspaper brought a very good report about it.

"THE REAL VALUE OF HAPPINESS"

Can money buy happiness? - yes - but so can friendships and successful relationships. Finanes and lifestyle have on our emotions some effect. Comparing the information, the study brought a "price" on social and lifestyle factors.

Exemple:...having an excellent health was worth the equivalent of a £304,000 a- year pay ...marriage increases happiness levels...living together worth more...chatting to your neightborurs on a regular basis would make you happy...becoming a widowed decreases your satisfaction with life...

"social activities tend to require our attention while they are being experienced, so that the joy derived from them lasts longer in our memory..." ..."income, on the other hand, is mostly in the background."..."we don't have normally have to pay so much attention to the fact that we'll be getting a pay packet at the end of the week or mont, so the joy derved from income doesn't last as long."

It is food for thought...

When I opened my life to God, and I gave Him freedom to work in it, I BECAME A HAPPIER PERSON...HE HEALS THE INNER PAIN, BRINGS A WEALTH LIFE, ENRICH THE RELATIONSHIP IN ALL SENSE...AND EVERYTHING HAS A BIG VALUE...

exemplo...

num dia ensolarado, eu tomo a estrada com a minha bicicleta, deixo aquela brisa fresca vir sobre a minha face e sobre o meu corpo, me delicio naquela paisagem unica, verde contrastando com o azul do ceu, e aquela sensacao de felicidade misturada com liberdade e gosto infantil de diversao toma o meu ser...ninguem eh mais feliz do que eu naquele momento...

quer mais???

um abraco...aiaiaiaiai

um beijo...uiuiuiuiu

um email cheio de saudade...

a minha lista eh infinita...

Take Care...

Your friend forever

Linda said...

Yes, I´m mentioning it again, and I will mention it again and again, because it´s a topic that is important.

I don´t think you can measure your happines in money, it´s as you say, the simple things in life that contributes to everything.

Beijus Suzel, onbrgada por ser minha amiga, estou com muita saudade de voce!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.