Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What makes a blog interesting?

What makes a blog interesting?

That is a very good question. I saw a discussion about that over at WAHM.com and the answers were quite different. I don´t remember the exact answers but if I remember correctly someone said it wasn´t interesting to read personal opinions or ¨hey I´ve had a bad day¨ etc.

Well thing is, some people like to read personal happenings, like if I´ve had a rough day or if something nice hapened to me. While others like to read only about jobs or how to work from home and want me to write only facts and nothing else.

See that is a bit difficult. While I try not too be too personal here I still want to be personal. I don´t want this to be another just informative site. I want it to be informative and personal.
So, I´ve said it.

If you are looking for tips on how to work at home, I give you that and my personal opinions. See it all goes hand in hand.

Oh yes I sneak in a review here and there and some posts might seem like they make no difference to you but believe me, they do for someone else. I´ve received emails about it so I know it´s like that.

So what makes a blog interesting? Why are your favorites your favorites?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

Aby The Liberal said...

I agree with you. It is not necessary that someone writing about themselves makes for an uninteresting blog. What counts are the interests of a person. As a sociologist and economist, people and their lives interest me more than anything else and what is better to know humans than a peek into how people in different parts of the world live.

Suzel O'Donnell said...

Well, any writer reveals a least a bit of yourself...
I have received some comments about it.

An interesting blog is the one that attracts you for its content, for example...tchan tchan tchan tcha...yours...


beijocas

Linda said...

Thank you Aby, I appreciate your comment. We should not only learn from how we live but from others as well.

Suz: you are so sweet. thanks. Beijus!

Revka said...

Unless the information is something I am particularly wanting, I prefer to have some personal touches in a blog. Blogging without revealing at least a little of yourself seems too sterile to me. Let me see the face behind the words. :>)

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.