Saturday, September 15, 2007

Childish dreams

When I was a little girl I dreamt of having a pearl necklace and be like Barbie. Barbie lived with Ken and her beautiful dog. Well I got Barbie and Ken but I never got a pearl necklace nor did I get the dog. I played with Barbie for a few years and enjoyed her company.

And for me that was happiness. Happiness of a little girl with no special dreams, except becoming a singer or a cashier in the local supermarket (how I got the idea I don’t know).

Do you remember when you where a little child and how easy it was to dream then? We didn´t need much to make us happy and today our kids, if you have any, are(almost) just the same. Unfortunately today we have a tendency to believe that we have to buy our kids things to make them happy. Happiness is not because you have a lot of toys or are given things all the time. Happiness is so much simpler than that.
I try to remind myself of that as often as I can.

What was your dream when you where a child?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

workathomeshop said...

I still day dream all the time !
You must have dreams..
Work at Home

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.