Saturday, January 26, 2008

A barefoot interview

I was called yesterday for an interview at a school in my town. I was taken by surprise because it has been months since I went there for an interview. Only that today I found out it wasn't an interview really but some basic information about their training course.

It was still early in the morning and it was thankfully not very hot. But when I entered the building and sat down to wait I thought to myself that it would be so much nicer if I could go and freshen up a little. Although it wasn't hot I was warm (I accidentally walked the opposite way on the way there and almost had to run back) and all of a sudden the "help I have gotten too used to work from home" syndrome stroke me and I felt a little bad about that. Of course had I been one of these perfectly prepared women I might have brought some kinds of wipes or something in my bag so that I could get rid of that sticky feeling but I didn't so I just had to cool down the best I could.

The so called interview was a little funny; I don't think the teacher, who is also the owner, understood everything I said. I talk too fast sometimes but you can definitely understand what I say. He looked a little confused. And there was another thing as well; he was barefoot.

Now that's not exactly what I would call professional... My feet were aching like.*...insert any word you like* but I didn't take off my shoes. And I can add that I saw him running around with shoes on a few minutes earlier so it's not like he didn't have any.

As for their training course I am not able to attend it because I haven't got anyone to take care of my son so I guess that means the teaching will have to be set aside for yet some time.

Would you ever take off your shoes at an interview? Even if you were the owner?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.