Sunday, March 16, 2008

Forever 23- Acting your age

I turn twenty-nine in July and now after my husband turned thirty I have a hard time understanding that we are getting older. I can see I have matured and grown into a woman but I still feel as a teenager sometimes. In my mind I am still twenty-three and it is so hard to shake that feeling.

Before I became a mom I had no idea what it meant to be a mom. Of course I understood what it meant but I didn’t understand the unconditional love you feel for your child. I also never thought I would get married, or have kids actually. It was something that was far away, in “the future”.

Well there is no such thing as fountain of youth to make you eternally young and beautiful but I honestly can not see the traces of getting older in my face. Obviously one does not see that oneself but I cannot see it at all. I have no anti wrinkle creams but I am always reminded that I should get one as time is ticking and I am getting older. Perhaps we are reminded of this phenomenon too often that we end up thinking we are older than we are and age is catching up on us?

What I really think matters is how you feel inside. If you feel like twenty-three you will be like twenty-three. You can be wise as an old woman but with a youth’s mind. And I am sure that if I focus on how old I am I will feel older and that will reflect to the world.

I may not be twenty-three forever or forever young but how I see myself is surely helping in my aging. You know the saying “aging with grace” that’s what I want to do. *lol*

Are you afraid of getting older, how do you see yourself- are you acting your age?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Sonya said...

I'm not afraid of getting older but I do worry about my physical appearance declining rapidly. I'm trying to take better care of my hair and skin because of it. I actually find that aging is a nice feeling. With aging comes maturity and it's nice to be continually maturing.

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.