Thursday, March 13, 2008

Working at home is making me chubby

Oh yes it is! I'm not writing fat because so far I am only chubby but the chubby could be exchanged for fat unless I do something about it!

And this is a problem for many moms who work from home. The lack of exercise and the easy snacking will definitely make you pile on the pounds. And it is happening to me. So there I've said it; I am piling on the pounds and need to do something about it!

Well it's not like I don't know how to do it, I know a lot about being healthy and exercising (I was the editor of a fitness site, remember) it is pure laziness and lack of determination. I may as well go ahead and say I lack that discipline that is needed to lose weight. That is why I want to do something about it now before it goes overhand. But it's like the doctor said to me: Knowing what to do is one thing, doing it another. And that is so true!

I do walk twice a week but I need to walk more. And lately I have been reminded of this because my left knee has started to ache and that is not normal and I am sure it is because I need to move more. Well during the party hopping I hopped onto a blog called The Fit Shack by JoLynn, a very nice blog with lots of good inspiration and information. So that is where I will visiting regularly from now.

I also know that last year there were a few weight loss challenges going on through the blogosphere but right now I can't seem to find any. If you know of a good one that has recently started, please tell me. I definitely need some motivation.

Well without exercise equipment at home and no money to spend on the gym I will be walking and starting yoga. Actually doing yoga is something I have been thinking of for a long time now. The problem is for me to limit my working time and actually ake care of myself. That is the hard part, I feel stressed.

What do you do to stay in shape when working from home? Any motivational words on the way?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

4 comments:

JoLynn Braley said...

Hi Linda,

I'm so glad that you're finding my blog The Fit Shack inspiring, I do aim for that! :)

I completely understand what you're saying about motivation and how it's one thing to know what to do and another to actually do it. For me, I've gone back and forth with my motivation at times but now I'm learning through an emotional eating course that I have had conflicting motivations to lose weight - so I'm working those out now.

Thanks again for mentioning my site!

Angie said...

It happens a lot many times with us that we work the whole day by just sitting on the chair due to which we examine a drastic change in our body posture. We have gained a lot of weight. The only way to tackle it is doing exercise.

Work from Home Guru said...

Don't forget about us work from home dads. I have to admit that I to have packed on some extra pounds, since I started my home business. My wife was the first to point it out, but thanks to her I was able to notice it myself. :) Hey thanks for pointing out that site I will have to take a look, seems nice.

Linda said...

JoLynn; That sounds very interesting about the emotional eating course. I know I eat when I'm bored and have the habit of snacking. Thinking "I need it" which I obviously don't.
I will become regular visitor of your blog, :)

Angie: Yes so right- the cure is exercise! Something we should make sure we do when we have a job that requires little or no movement.

Work from home guru: Oh yes, no one escapes men or women :) But now that you, and me, are attentive it can only get better :)Thanks for stopping by!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.