Monday, April 21, 2008

Drowsiness will clothe a man with rags

"Drowsiness will clothe a man with rags"
Proverbs 23:21

Think about the above statement for a while. What does it mean?

It is easy to say we are busy and don't have time for things and yet when we take a closer look at what it is we fill our time with we can see that many of these "necessary" things we do means we are just lazying around.

We all have days when it is easier to spend an hour reading our feeds, zipping coffee, watching TV, chatting on the phone, rolling your thumbs etc. instead of doing what we really should be doing; working! We prioritize things that are not to be prioritized.

Time spent on doing things that are not necessary is wasted money! Remember this: Time is money! How much is your time worth?

"Drowsiness with clothe a man with rags"

This statement feels like a kick for me, because it is so true. If we do not spend our time wisely how can we afford to buy the things needed to support our families? And sometimes we do need to be reminded about the fact that what we do with our time will result in our wealth, not only money but also inner peace.

The days I feel that I have been productive are gold worth to me while the days when I know I have not spend my time wisely burdens my heart like a heavy chain. And I am sure I am not alone feeling this way.

Are you spending your time wisely?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Beth said...

I've never heard this Bible verse, or if I have, I didn't remember it! But I like it!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.