Friday, May 30, 2008

Appreciating the moment

The other day I was having lunch with my son and was waiting for him to finish so that I could go back to work. I kept thinking about what I needed to do and how time was flying away. Then it hit me: I was not appreciating the moment I had with my son. Instead I was thinking about what I needed to do.

I am so glad I realized that. I live in a constant "I need to work more" snowball that only grows bigger and bigger.But what can be more important than spending quality time with my son? We need to appreciate the moments we got with our family and friends. There will always be things to do, what comes first?

It is difficult to balance work and family. I have reduced the hours I work a lot to be with my family but it is still not enough, I want more. I want to cut down on my hours even more so that I can dedicate myself to my family and home. Unfortunately many of us do not appreciate the moments we have with our family but instead think of everything we "need" to do.

"What have I appreciated today?" That should be something we ask ourselves every day. We have so much to be grateful for!

How good are you at appreciating daily happenings?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.