Thursday, May 22, 2008

No longer a teenager

I always thought that after twenty the teenage acne I had would disappear as I "matured". Well that hasn't been the case and now I am closer to thirty than twenty so obviously there is something wrong.

Far from alone with this problem I have tried to find the best acne treatment but it has been difficult. I have tried various treatments but haven't really seen any results, except for one thing; pregnancy. When I was pregnant I didn't have one spot! So I would assume it is hormone related.

Last year I went to the doctor who put me in line to see a dermatologist. One year later I got an appointment and have now been to see her. She ordered me to buy the most expensive gel and sun protection, which I did to my husbands dismay. But if you are desperate... I have also taken some blood tests related to hormones and have yet another to take but I need to go private for that. I also had a uterus scan to see if there was anything there but thankfully it was all OK. So now my hope lies in the remaining blood tests. Did the expensive medicine help me? Nah... not as much as I'd liked actually.

Many women, and men, battle with acne as adults. I have yet to find the best treatment for me, but I would advice anyone who suffers from acne to seek medical help. My acne isn't severe and probably doesn't bother anyone but me but I still would like to get rid of it if I can.

Have you suffered from acne problems? How did you get rid of it?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Gaida said...

Hi Linda,
Thankfully my acne was only minor as a teenager. It also helps to drink plenty of water and eat healthy foods.

My teenage son has bad acne. I've got the cleansers for him & almost have to force him to clean his face... just doesn't care.

I tell him that's why I'm caring for him & he will thank me when he is older & hopefully wont have pock marked skin because of his lack of concern & effort.

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.