Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Winter has come

Just thought I'd write a quick note about the weather here in Brazil.It is cold. And rainy.

It is as cold inside my house as outside. I am not lying when I say that it is as cold inside as it is inside the fridge. Believe me, I do not feel the difference when opening the fridge. Which is good in a sense that I all of a sudden have more storage space- no need to only use the fridge for things that needs to be chilled. I do not have a wine refrigerator but if I did I wouldn't need to use it. I am sure that any wine would be at perfect temperature just by being in the kitchen.

These last few days I've used the oven more than I have in months, standing next to the stove is wonderful. Coffee doesn't keep me warm so I drink tea instead. Doing the dishes is a dreaded task as there are only warm water in the showers. (No, I do not do my dishes in the shower thank you) So if I don't want to freeze off my fingers I need to heat some water.

Winter began four days ago. It will be a long winter... buuuuuuuuurrr!

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

3 comments:

kidkraft said...

It always throws me off to hear you are having winter when I am having 100 plus degree temps.
There is a great photo story about Brazil in this month's National Geographic and it makes me want to come and visit myself. But I think I will wait until your winter is over!

list mama said...

I would think coming from Sweden that you would be a pro at winter weather :-) I never thought much about Brazil being cold. Are you in the southern part? I try and send some warm vibes from us in summerland!

Jen
http://www.ListPlanIt.com

roz*e said...

I remember winters in Brasilia ( cold and dry). Taking showers was a night mare. When I got out of the shower - I froze to death. Yes, it is cold in Brazil.

We have some little portable heaters here in the US - you don't find those in Brazil?

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.