Thursday, August 21, 2008

When a thank you is better than money

I do the work I do because I need to make money to sustain my family but also because I love what I do. I love writing articles about things, places, people, etc etc and I love creating custom blog/site design for those who needs it.

Being paid fairly for the work I do is only right I believe but sometimes a big thank you is worth more. When I feel that the person who's got a new design is thrilled with it or when someone says "wow that was a great article, thank you". That's when I fly high.

Some people pay and say nothing, no thank you, nothing. That's OK. I did my part and that was the deal. While others don't know how to thank me enough and show their enormous gratitude.
Of course this is a general thought and I could not live off thank you's all the time or I would have serious problems putting food on the table. But it is a nice thought and makes me appreciate the people I work with and also myself and the work I do.

What do you prefer, a big fat check or a big thank you?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Kristen said...

I kind of like to get both!

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.