Friday, September 12, 2008

When inspiration seems far away

When it comes to design work, and other work that requires a creative mind, it is not always you have inspiration for the things you need to do. When I don't have any inspiration I force myself to come up with something. It's not a matter of doing the best work, it's about doing something to get your inspiration flowing.

When I don't have any inspiration at all I look in different magazines, at web pages and anything that has lots of colors in it. And then I just start, start by adding colors and shapes and then I come up with something. And it always works.

Forcing inspiration to come can be the beginning to a wonderful work even though it doesn't look so in the beginning.

What do you do when you don't have any inspiration?

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

1 comments:

Revka said...

I look at my bookmarked inspiration and designers folders, but I also look offline, too. One design was inspired by a diaper bag, and I have two designs in my head that were inspired by Eater egg baskets.

Inspiration can come from any source if we just keep our eyes open.

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.