Friday, October 17, 2008

What's important, really?

I just received a telephone call from my mother on my mobile phone. First of all I got very surprised as my mother normally doesn't call me very often, secondly because I knew she was calling from her mobile to mine and that is very expensive.

Now I haven't lived close to my mother for over 8 years so there is no need for her to call me and tell me when she will be home or where she is. Still she just called me to tell me she won't be at home much as her partner of 15+ years is at the hospital and won't be coming out anytime soon. In fact, it sounded as if he won't make it for long. It made me so sad, I feel so sorry for my mother and I wish I could just jump on a plane to go and be with her. My mother is very lonely and her health is not the best either after having gone through two strokes.

And all the "worries" about buying a new pop up tv for our bedroom, improving the house , buying memory for my computer, what's for dinner etc just became so small.

I am here struggling to get home, after four years I still haven't been home and at a time like this I feel it is really about time. I might just have to re-prioritize what I consider important. Because like this I will never go visit my mother.

Related Posts

Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:

 

Design by Linda of Ekko Web Solutions
Clicking on any links on this blog may result in the blog author being paid. If in doubts please ask.